How to avoid missing e-mails from us.
E-mails from Bipolar Advantage may sometimes end up accidentally being sent to the spam folder in your email, even though you may have signed up to receive them. To avoid this you need to “whitelist” us. Whitelisting means that you will tell your e-mail service provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc.) that mail from bipolaradvantage.com is not spam. To do this add our email address to your “whitelist”. The process is slightly different for each different email program and service. Click on your e-mail provider in the chart below and follow the instructions to make sure you receive our e-mails in your inbox instead of your "spam" or "junk" folder. If you ever decide you no longer want email from us you can easily unsubscribe with the link at the bottom of every email we send.
AOL.com Webmail Whitelist:
You must add 'email@example.com' to your AOL address book as follows:
- Search for email from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, type 'email@example.com' into the ‘Primary E-Mail 1’ field
- Click “Create”
AOL Email Client Whitelist:
New Subscribers: add the “From address” to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the From email address into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but the email isn’t getting through, the email may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Open web mail and look in your Spam Folder. If your find our email in your spam folder open it and click the “This Is Not Spam” button. Then add the “From address” onto your Address Book as outlined in the “New Subscribers” instructions above.
Apple Mail / OSX Whitelist:
- First, if email from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Go to “Mail” > “Preferences”
- Go to “Mail” > “Preferences” Go to the Rules tab.
- Select Add Rule.
- Give this rule a name such as “Email from Bipolar Advantage”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in 'email@example.com'.
- From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
- Click “OK”.
- Scroll up to a message from 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- Get to the field where the name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address.
- Select and copy the email address to the clipboard.
- Go into Address Book and find the user.
- Select Save.
Comcast Email Whitelist:
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter 'email@example.com'.
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled “Restrict Incoming Email,” also do the following:
- Select Preferences.
- Select “Restrict Incoming Email”. If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
- Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
- Enter 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in 'email@example.com' into the email address slot and then click OK.
If you find email from bipolaradvantage.com in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Next, open an email that you have received from us.
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
- Click “Add '@bipolaradvantage.com' to Contacts list”.
If you cannot find an email from us, do the following"
- Go into your account's Filters and Blocked Addresses settings through the settings button on the right of your mail, then the Settings option.
- Scroll down until you find the Create a new filter link. It's right above the section for blocking email addresses.
- In that new window that pops up, type @bipolaradvantage.com in the From field.
- Place a check in the box next to Never send it to Spam.
- Click Create a filter to save the changes.
You must add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to your “Safe List” as follows:
- First, if you find email from 'email@example.com' in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”.
- Next, check to see if 'firstname.lastname@example.org' appears in the “Blocked Senders” list. If so, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link.
- Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom.
- Copy and paste 'email@example.com' where it says “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button.
Microsoft Outlook Whitelist:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- Add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' where it says “Add address”.
- Click OK
Mozilla Thunderbird Whitelist:
You need to add us to your address book, and set the Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
- First, check your Junk folder. If you find email from 'email@example.com', right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”.
- Next, click the “Address Book” button.
- Highlight the Personal Address Book (left column).
- Click on “New Contact”.
- In the “Contact” tab, set “Email” to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- Click “Ok” and close the Address Book.
- From the main Thunderbird menu, choose “Tools > Account Settings”.
- For the 'email@example.com' email account, expand the settings and choose “Junk Settings” from the expanded account settings.
- Ensure “Personal Address Book” is checked under “Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in:”
- Once you have done this, click OK.
- Log into your Postini account.
- Look the Junk area.
- If you find e-mails from 'firstname.lastname@example.org' check the checkbox to select the email.
- Click the “Deliver Selected” link at the top of the Junk screen.
- On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” checkbox next to the email.
- Click the “Approve Selected Senders” button.
Yahoo! Mail Whitelist:
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find email from '@bipolaradvantage.com' in your “Yahoo! bulk” folder, open the email and click “Not Spam”
- If you find mail from '@bipolaradvantage.com' in your “Blocked Addresses” list, select the email and click “Remove Block”
Now create the filter:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner.
- Select “Filters” (in the bottom left corner).
- On the Filters page, click “Add”.
- Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and '@bipolaradvantage.com' to match all mail from '@bipolaradvantage.com'.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’.
- Pick the Add Filter button.
Verizon.net Email Whitelist:
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The Add Address Book Entry screen appears. In the Email field, enter 'email@example.com'.
- In the Nickname field, type Bipolar Advantage.
- Select Save.
Whitelisting Email in Other Email Applications & Webmail Services
If you use a Web mail system or email application adding the “From” address to your “address book”, “safe list”, “whitelist” or “contact list” will usually work. Also, check your “spam”, “bulk” or “junk” folder. If the email is there look for a way to indicate that it is not spam. For example by selecting the email and clicking a button such as “Not Spam” or “Not Junk”.